Very much in support of this proposal. Leaning towards voting for 50k - rationale being that it is roughly what would cost to hire someone full time to do BASIC marketing. Would be in favour of adding more to the budget if pre-defined deliverable are achieved before end of term, and community is happy with the results.
Details and Rationale all make sense. What I see missing (stuff that could be added to make it more convincing for voters before taking this to Snapshot):
- Some clear deliverables with loose timelines
- Some growth metrics to be achieved that justify the expenditure
- some information about the on-chain/ off-chain tools/teams we could use for this and justification of how they align with our goals + some history of what previous projects were able to leverage them for them
- Details about the multisig, details of procedure for the election of qualified signers, measures to make sure signers can be held liable to their duties
- details about ways/tools we could employ to track contributions of individuals comprising of the subDAO
Would like to add that "At the end of the fiscal year, all unused marketing funds should be returned to the primary DAO treasury" increases voter confidence and allows this to be an experiment we can iterate on
Taking into account Gravity the comment here - I think there should be justified reasonable compensation for the subDAO that works on this, something that should be voted on post achieving deliverables.